ENTRY TO THE SPORTIVE KINROSS
All places for the 2016 Sportive Kinross have now been taken.
Sorry but the event is now full.
Sorry but the event is now full.
You may receive occasional mail from us about your entry into the event. You WILL receive an email with final details and your ride number in early April. Please ensure that your mailing system can accept emails from sportive-kinross.co.uk.
Terms of entry into the Sportive Kinross.
It is a condition of entry into any of the Sportive Kinross events that,
- By entering the event you acknowledge it is a test of your physical stamina
and your capacity to complete the route you have chosen to ride. You must
consider yourself fit to participate and complete the event. If you have any
doubts about your health or have any known medical conditions you should consult
and obtain a doctors approval before entering and participating in a Sportive
Kinross event. Sportive Kinross events are designed and intended to be
physically challenging and a level of good basic fitness will be required by
entrants in order to complete even the shortest route.
- You acknowledge that participation in a Sportive Kinross event is at
your own risk and that the organisers cannot be held liable for any injury,
loss or damage caused or sustained as a result of your participation. You
will observe the highway code and the direction of appointed event marshals
and officials at all times while participating in a Sportive Kinross event.
- If you are unable to ride the Sportive Kinross for any reason, no refund can be offered. You can however give your place to another rider. It is the entrants responsibility to inform us of this transfer. A cut off date for this transfer will apply and will be notified on our web site nearer to the event.
- Any riders under the age of eighteen must be accompanied by an adult at all
times whilst the entrant under 18 is participating in the route. No entrants under the age of 16 will be allowed
without the express consent of the organisers being granted. In addition a Parental Consent Form must be downloaded,
completed and returned to the organisers for each entrant under the age of eighteen.
- An approved cycle helmet, conforming to CE standards EN1078 (or better), is worn at all times whilst riding during a Sportive
Kinross event. As encouraged under British Cycling Guidelines for Non-competitive Events.
- You will be supplied with a number which should be clearly displayed on your
bike or person.
- All participants will be covered by British Cycling third party insurance
for the duration of the event, the cost of which is included in the entry fee.
- Riders will be responsible for the roadworthiness of their own bicycle. The
use of triathlon handlebars or other bar extensions are not permitted in
our events for safety reasons.
- All riders are recommended to carry drink bottles, snack food, basic
tools, at least one replacement inner tube and suitable wet weather
clothing. We also advise that riders carry ID and a small amount of money. A
mobile phone is also worth carrying in the event of an emergency, although
various locations on the routes might have poor signal reception.
- Riders will be set off in groups as required by Police guidance supplied
to Sportive Kinross.
- You are requested to ride in single file where appropriate, to be aware
of your fellow cyclists and most importantly other road users. The event is
being held on a public highway where the rights of and responsibilities to
other road users apply.
- Mobile support vehicles in the form of cars or motorbikes are forbidden.
You may, however, receive support from a stationary vehicle which is legally
parked and does not impede riders or other traffic.
- Detailed route information and maps will be available on line, but navigation during the event will be your own responsibility.
- There will be signage at most junctions and marshalls at major junctions
to assist with directions. However the organisers offer no warranty that
these signs will not be obstructed, removed, vandalized or interfered with
in anyway. Therefore the organiser strongly recommends participants carry
the route instructions that will available for the event.
- Food and drink will be provided at the designated feeding stations, but
we cannot guarantee supplies, and please be mindful of those following
- On completion of the event, you must check in at the finish HQ at Loch
Leven Community Campus.
- All riders must complete their course by 5:00pm to avail themselves of
the full amenities at Loch Leven Community Campus.
- The event will take place regardless of weather conditions and only be
cancelled or the routes modified if in the opinion of the police or the
event organisers an entrants reasonable safety is at risk. If the event is
cancelled or if you are unable to ride the event there will be no refund of entry fees.
by clicking on the Entry Central logo I agree to the terms and conditions of entry as laid out above.